Friday, January 9, 2015

Miss Manda's Meatloaf

I must admit I stole the base of this recipe from my ex who inevitably stole it from my ex mother in law, however its a staple in my home and after some tweaking we have come to love it!


3 lbs hamburger meat
3 eggs
1 onion (chopped)
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup milk

In a large bowel mix all ingredients together. flatten  meat mixture into a cake or loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 2 hours. Check the pan every 30-45 min for grease and dispose of any excess grease as needed. Cut into the middle of the meatloaf to ensure the meat has cooked thoroughly. Let sit for 15-20 min to firm.

Topping:

1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix together and brush on to top of meatloaf

*Tip: You can use more or less sugar in the topping or make more of it to smother your meat in!

No comments:

Post a Comment